So! I’ve just returned from a much needed vacation, which gave me the opportunity to finally draw something for the sake of inspiration rather than the usual ~work/play I am burdened/blessed with.
Anyway, sitting at the beach, I look down at the sand, and then back to my sketchbook, and my pencil hits the paper. For those who don’t know, Journey is a fantastic indie game available on PSN, with an excellent sense of artistic style, and vision that creates a nearly visceral experience of loneliness mixed with a burning desire to explore the vast reaches of the desert.
So, I had this idea, which opened itself to endless customization. I wanted to include the personalized glyph idea, and the extending scarf, so I cut the scarf into sections, which could be tied on with lacing. I think it will be available with a base length, and the option to add sections to your order. I would like to be able to print glyphs on each section, so I’m considering trying to work something out with a local screenprinting shop.
There’s one more sketch coming up, so I’ll explain more about the customization there.
As a side note, I’m having some difficulty coming up with a good name for the coat. My favorite so far is the ‘Journeyman’, but it will be available for men and women, so I don’t think that works. Another option would be the Wanderer (which made me think of a Shadow of the Colossus/Journey crossover, and I smiled). What do you think?
- fightingrabbit likes this
- justsanchos likes this
- cliffe reblogged this from volantedesign
- sandyllusion likes this
- lynkhart reblogged this from volantedesign
- lynkhart likes this
- aquamarinethunderpants reblogged this from volantedesign
- russellian likes this
- aberrantarbiter likes this
- aberrantarbiter reblogged this from volantedesign
- atrengraves reblogged this from volantedesign and added:
- atrengraves likes this
- fostertheginger likes this
- fireshadow likes this
- hollowshadowwolf reblogged this from volantedesign
- hollowshadowwolf likes this
- random-attack reblogged this from volantedesign and added:
- random-attack likes this
- antofftheblock likes this
- xxdeejadoodlexx reblogged this from volantedesign
- xxdeejadoodlexx likes this
- vanderstorm reblogged this from volantedesign
- eykrie likes this
- eykrie reblogged this from volantedesign and added:
- yolivia reblogged this from volantedesign and added:
- cmykspectrum likes this
- hootonsketch likes this
- evalilith likes this
- raphen likes this
- overseerzero answered: i think you should use nomad
- iamthespo answered: Would Vagabond or Nomad work?
- fuckyeahdangerouslyhandsome answered: The Wayward Traveler :D
- jewbagless likes this
- hengwithdanny answered: Iunno I like the name “Long Journey”
- akirael said: Love it the design looks sick! Keeping with your theme; the nomad. Another idea, the magi, like the three kings.
- mr-nyan reblogged this from volantedesign
- dedpoo likes this
- shumpe answered: This is sooooooo fucking cool. Wanderer would be nice.
- hopefulspontaneousmonster likes this
- b-i-f-r-o-s-t likes this
- wanderingken answered: shadow of the colossus always wins me over, I vote the Wanderer
- nom-nom-keiko likes this
- sereneirina likes this
- toriberry reblogged this from volantedesign
- cr0issant likes this
- ohmercyme221 likes this
- fragilespark reblogged this from missl0nelyhearts
- thepacifistpenguin likes this
- fredbobturtles likes this